So it's that time of year again...

Time for gardening! Years ago, before a very dark time in our lives, we had a greenhouse. I loved this little building! We took empty flats, filled them with soil, and broadcast seeds into them. A few weeks later we would have tons of little seedlings just waiting to be transplanted into bigger pots. I had a hard time not transplanting all of them, no matter how strong they looked. Chalk it up to me not wanting to leave any seedling behind! What happened was we had LOTS of plants, way too many for us to plant on our own. In time, the little greenhouse suffered some structural setbacks, and had to be taken down. Then, many things happened and the motivation to garden just wasn't there like it was. It was very sad.

But now! Now we are psyched! Another greenhouse is in the works, a more permanent one that will be built with tax refund money...if it ever gets here! There will be landscaping around said building, water access and electrical, complete with windows with screens and a potting bench somewhere. I can't wait! I would spend hours in the old greenhouse, taking cuttings of clematis and roses and dipping their fragile stems into root hormone powder, then planting them in rich soil, hoping for another whole plant. Many times they survived and we had multiples of a much loved plant. It was great! I don't have the time now to sit for hours and start plants, but I hope to be able to do a few. We have big plans this year, very big, and I hope we will be able to keep up with what the earth gives us.

I have a plan for an herb garden, which is to be expected. I want a culinary bed near my kitchen door, and I plan to landscape with many herbs this year. Add to this joining the local herb society, which my aunt is the president of, and I think it's safe to say the gardening mojo has returned in full force. I've always loved herbs and researching their properties. I can't wait to plug some plants into the ground and get the season going!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I read romance novels

End of the semester wrap up...

Piper