So I'm back...for a bit...

So yeah, I've been gone awhile from this blog.  But, in my defense, I've accomplished quite a bit.  I know have the coveted bachelors degree, and am currently a graduate student in a nonprofit leadership development program.  But, that is not the reason for my resurgence to the blog world.

It's politics, plain and simple.

Before we begin, let's get some things out there.  Firstly, I am NOT a republican, and couldn't be paid enough to be one.  Secondly, I don't feel very liberal, but many would say that I am.  If so, that's fine with me.  Thirdly, my perspective is not the same as yours, so please remember that.

I actually watched part of the RNC last week...why I'm not sure, but it was on, and I watched.  Although, I will admit Romney's speech put me to sleep.  That could explain some of dreams from that night...but I digress....

While I do not agree with bringing spouses into the mudslinging that the parties do, I have some opinions about Ann Romney that I'd like to share.  First, I firmly believe she has no idea what it's like to wonder where your next meal is coming from.  Having to eat tuna and pasta means you CAN eat, unlike others who can't even afford the 50cent can of tuna.  Now, this being said, I've never been in this situation, but I know those who have.  Ann Romney has never been in this position.  They may have started out modest, but they had wealthy families to fall back on.  Many people do not, and have to make it or end up homeless.  It's a fact of life that Ann Romney will never experience.  While I thought her speech was good, it in no way will EVER make me believe she can relate to the poor of this country.  Neither can Mittens either....  This was an attempt by the Romney campaign to make voters believe they can relate.  It also means they believe the majority of Americans are stupid.

There's a disturbing trend going on right now trying to define rape.  You'll notice the majority of politicians who are trying to define rape are male.  It infuriates me that some politicians claim that rape can be legitimate or not.  How the hell would they know?  I refuse to allow laws to made in this country that would keep a woman from seeking an abortion in the event of rape or incest.  It's simply unfathomable that in this century women are still fighting for the right to make decisions about her own body.  These movements, of course, are mostly led by men who will never have to worry about whether the rape they just went through will end in pregnancy.  Selfish, ignorant bastards!

Some of you may be thinking right now that I'm completely off my rocker here, but you couldn't be further from the truth.  For the first time in many years, I've discovered my true stance on things.  I've found my fit, you could say.  Call me a feminist-- I will embrace the title gladly.  I will lobby, debate, and argue, as long as it means that my little girl and all girls out there can keep the right to make decisions about their own body.  I refuse to let a male politician, who does not know me from Adam, try to tell me what I can and cannot do to my body.  We're a far cry from the time of women being nothing more than dirt on a man's shoe.

I could foray into religion at this point, but I won't.  Let's just take a look at history in regards to women's rights....

So yes, politics has brought me back to the blog.  It won't happen often, as time simply does not permit.  But, if you follow me on facebook, you'll definitely be seeing more political posts.  It's that time of year!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I read romance novels

End of the semester wrap up...

Piper