I'm back....sorta.

Okay, so yeah...it's been a while since I've posted. I know that.  Don't hold it against me.  :)

Caris has a new obsession.  That's right...it's Disney Princesses.  I just started Cinderella for the second time today, and since 9am, we've watched Beauty and the Beast, Sleeping Beauty, and Tangled.   I didn't realize how easy it was to memorize songs from these movies, but I guess after watching them over and over, it's bound to sink in at some point.

While I watch Cinderella, the current favorite, for about the millionth time, I wanted to take a moment to reflect on the last few months.  They've been hectic; full of happiness, sorrow, anger, anxiety, and mounds of stress.

Last month, I watched as many of my fellow co-workers lost their jobs in a lay off at my firm.  Over time, we've gotten somewhat back to normal, but I will always miss those I worked with who no longer have jobs.  I will continue to worry for them in this horrible economy.

This semester was perhaps my hardest yet, and the most rewarding.  I struggled to write a play, and to make it through a literature class with my sanity intact, and I believe I've made it...though some might say otherwise.  I pulled an A out of statistics with the help of my fellow classmates, and I managed to not tear my hair out.  I still have some revisions to do in my play, but for the most part, this semester is done.  All that's left now is my senior thesis, and a general education sociology class.  My thesis is on Jane Austen and her heroines, and their similarities to dear Jane.  There's a survey in progress to determine the most popular heroine, and the least popular...and I'm interested to see what the Jane Austen community has to say.

And now it's Christmas!  I'm still not finished shopping, and have resolved to do it all online this evening.  I've been looking forward to Christmas all year, because I can't wait to watch Caris rip open presents Christmas morning.  For Christmas, she's getting the My First Princess dolls, and the Carriage Play set.  There's some other little princess tidbits, but those are the main things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I read romance novels

End of the semester wrap up...

Piper