Aaaaand......we're back!

Back after a hiatus!  How many has that been now?????  Three?  Oopsies....sorry.

Graduate school is over and spring has sprung!  We've been busy getting our garden tilled and planted, and cleaning our flower beds.  They've been neglected, so the flower beds are an enormous job.  I have no idea what are weeds and what are actually flowers returning.  I'm betting their mostly weeds since I don't remember many flowers last year.  This also means I need to buy flowers to plant.  This isn't a bad thing usually, but when a certain 4 year old enters the flower nursery, she tends to pick every pink and purple flower that can be had.

Our chickens are still clucking, and our little plant business is still growing.  The cold weather has hampered our efforts a bit, so we won't have as much to sell, but we'll definitely have enough to plant.  We've tried to streamline what we sell based on what we want to plant so we don't have quite so many varieties this year. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

I plan to strategically plant herbs this year.  What does that mean, you ask?  Individual plots is the answer!  Between what my mother in law wants to sell to those who use herbs for alternative means (i.e. not illegal means!!) and what I want to harvest, I need individual plots to keep things straight.  This is very exciting for me, as this year I plan to create some holistic remedies with my herbs.  First up is calendula salve, which is basically marigold flowers, but it's a much better alternative to triple antibiotic ointment for minor cuts and scrapes.  I'd love to learn how to distill oils, so we may try that in the future.

I hope to update more often...and I know I say this each time I post!  With no homework requirements, hopefully I will able to stick with this!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I read romance novels

End of the semester wrap up...

Piper