Happy New Year!

So 2011 is here, and with that a new opportunity to broaden my horizons and move out of my comfort zone slightly to discover new literature.  Bring on the reading challenges!


Historical Fiction Challenge 2011:  Ha!  My favorite genre!  I think I can handle this!  This challenge can be overlapped with other challenges for 2011, which will be inevitable, it seems.  Here are the levels:  Severe Bookaholism: 20 books; Undoubtedly Obsessed: 15 books; Struggling the Addiction: 10 books; Daring & Curious: 5 books; Out of My Comfort Zone: 2 books.  I believe I shall be entering myself under the level of Struggling the Addiction.  Really, I have severe bookaholism, but time constraints do not allow my to read 20 books that will of course take me way from actually doing any homework this year.  My first semester of the year is a Shakespeare class, so I'm sure I'll have my fill of historical writings!


Jane Austen Mystery Reading Challenge 2011: I do love a mystery, and I've been wanting to get into some of the many Austen-inspired mysteries.  In fact, I'm fairly certain I have one floating around here somewhere!  Here are the reading levels: Neophyte: 1 – 4 novels, Disciple 5 – 8 novels, Aficionada 9 – 11 novels.  I shall be entering under disciple, just because I know I can't handle aficionada with school.  Boo!  Here is a list of the novels (Taken from austenrprose.com.  Jane and the Unpleasantness at Scargrave Manor (1996); Jane and the Man of the Cloth (1997) ;Jane and the Wandering Eye (1998); Jane and the Genius of the Place (1999); Jane and the Stillroom Maid (2000) ;Jane and the Prisoner of the Wool House (2001); Jane and the Ghosts of Netley (2003); Jane and His Lordship’s Legacy (2005); Jane and the Barque of Frailty (2006); Jane and the Madness of Lord Byron (2010); Jane and the Canterbury Tale (2011).  I can't wait!


The Sense and Sensibility Bicentenary Challenge 2011: One of my favorite Austen books (no, P&P is NOT my favorite).  This challenge is not only reading, but movies too!  Super excited about this one, especially since I've been in the Jane Austen Society but was unable to go to the annual meeting based on Northanger Abbey.  I'm hoping I can sneak out for the next one!


All information about the challenges can be found under the links posted.  I've reposted very little information from the sites, just to whet your appetite for reading and historical literature.  Come and join with me!


Comments

  1. Excited you are participating Angie. I look forward to your reviews.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing in particular...

Why I read romance novels

Piper